The distance between Delhi to Haridwar is 219 km, the cheapest way to reach Haridwar from Delhi is by train. haridwar is most religious place in India for every Hindus. Every year millions of tourists and devotees come here to visit Haridwar’s biggest and ancient temples, meny tourists first visit Delhi and then they come from Delhi to haridwar.
Haridwar means the gate of Hari where Lord Vishnu himself resides. and it is one of the 7 biggest religious places in India, And the temple situated near the holy Ganga river here looks very beautiful.
Many people also go here to take bath in the Ganges and remember their ancestors. and this place is almost full of crowd for whole year, There is not only one place Har ki Pauri, there are many places to visit in haridwar.
Through this article I will give you complete information today about how you will come to Haridwar from Delhi and At the same time I will tell you the best time to visit Haridwar and some best places to visit in Haridwar.
you may also like: delhi to agra complete trip plan in 2022
- 1 Delhi to Haridwar by train:
- 2 From Delhi to Haridwar by bus:
- 3 best time to visit Haridwar:
- 4 Top 5 places to visit in Haridwar:
Delhi to Haridwar by train:
There are many trains that go from Delhi to Haridwar station, And this is also the cheapest and easiest way to reach Haridwar. If you travel in second setting then you will reach Haridwar from Delhi in just ₹150.
But I will recommend you, you travel in sleeper class, it will be better for you, And if you want, you can also travel in AC coach. And it takes only 4 hours to go from Delhi to Haridwar.
Lots of trains run from New Delhi, Old Delhi, and Delhi’s Nizamuddin Railway Station to Haridwar. You can book a train to Haridwar from any station at your convenience. I have given below the information of all the trains going to Haridwar.
you may also like: best places to visit near agra within 100 kms.
Delhi to haridwar train:
trains run from New Delhi Railway station to Haridwar railway station:
- Dehradun Shatabdi express: The train leaves NDLS station at 7 am and via Mozaffarnagar, It will reach Haridwar by 11:40 am.
- Uttranchal express: it’s leave NDLS station at 10:45 and reach Haridwar by 4:30 pm(via Mozaffarnagar)
- Dehradun janshatabdi express: This train leaves NDLS station at 3.30 pm and reaches Haridwar at around 7:20 pm. (And you will remember that this train only runs on Saturdays)
old Delhi railway station to Haridwar:
- yog Nagari Rishikesh express: This train goes to Rishikesh, It leave at 3:30 a.m. and arrives haridwar at 8:30 a.m.
- yoga express: This train also goes to Rishikesh, Departs Old Delhi at 4:50 a.m. and reaches Haridwar Railway Station at 11:30 a.m.
- Mussoorie express: This train goes to Dehradun terminal railway station, leaves Delhi station at 10:25 pm and reaches Haridwar station at 6.25 am.
you may also like: cheapest way to go from Delhi to Manali
Delhi Nizamuddin Railway Station to Haridwar:
- Haridwar express: The train leaves Nizamuddin railway station at 2:45 am and reach Haridwar at 8:30 am.
- Yog Nagari Rishikesh SF express: This train goes to Rishikesh, It leaves Delhi station at 5:45 am and reaches Haridwar by 12:25 pm.
- Indore-Dehradun express: It runs from Indore to Dehradun, Nizamuddin railway station time is 11:40am and it reaches Haridwar by 5:05 pm.
many more trains depart from Nizamuddin railway station for Haridwar, such as
- Haridwar AC SF express
- Haridwar SF expre
- ujjaini express
- Kalinga Utkal express
- Nanda Devi AC-SF express
how to book trains from Delhi to Haridwar:
You can easily book a train from Delhi to Haridwar, To book a train ticket, go to the official website of Indian Railways, And on the IRCTC website you can book the train of your choice.
And also you can book train tickets through these websites yatra.com or goibibo.com. If
you book from here it may cost you some extra money. Because these websites have a little commission.
From Delhi to Haridwar by bus:
Another best way to reach Haridwar from Delhi is by bus, Buses for Haridwar depart from many bus stands in Delhi, like Isbt Bus stand, kashmiri gate Bus stand, and more.
If you travel to Haridwar, by government bus, then your cost will be much lesser. But if you have vomiting in your bus, it is better for you to go by train, And if your train ticket is not confirmed then travel by bus.
And there are some private travel agencies who provide Haridwar bus service and they also have AC buses. The bus fare is a little higher here but I think their bus journey is better than government buses.
Uttrakhand parivahan Nigam They have some government buses which provide very good service, They also have this luxurious Volvo bus that goes from Delhi to Haridwar. This bus will leave in front of the Kashmiri Gate bus stand in Delhi.
Delhi-Haridwar Bus Fare and booking:
If you travel by ordinary government bus then the bus fare will be only 280 rupees. Which you can book directly by visiting the website Haryana Roadways.
And if you book AC bus from a private agency, the fare can be around 400 to 450 rupees. You can book all these buses through the website of that agency or Red Bus application.
And most of the buses of Uttarakhand parivahan Nigam are very luxuriously, These buses started their journey from Kashmiri Gate bus stand, www.utconline.uk.gov.in You can book this bus by visiting this website.
best time to visit Haridwar:
Haridwar is usually very crowded throughout the year, If you come to visit Haridwar, the most pleasant and coldest season in Haridwar is from October to March.
At this time you will be able to tour the entire Haridwar very well, The Ganga’s water in Har Ki Pauri is a bit cold here at this time. Haridwar has a summer season from March to June, during which time it is considered suitable for bathing in the Ganges.
The monsoon season here is from July to September, Due to the rapid flow of the river Ganges, bathing is often avoided during this time at har ki Pauri. so overall the best time to visit in Haridwar is October to March.
Top 5 places to visit in Haridwar:
- Har ki Pauri
- Kushwarat ghat
- Mansa Devi
- Chandi Devi
These are some of the important places of interest in Haridwar, If you have been to Haridwar, be sure to share your travel experience with me. Thank you.