the distance between Jammu to Srinagar is about 266 km But this distance will feel more when we travel on road Because most of the roads from Jammu to Srinagar pass through the entire hilly or mountain region. if you want to travel jammu to srinagar by train then take a train from jammu’s Banihal railway station to srinagar railway station.
Roads are sometimes closed for landslides If you are unlucky, you may be stuck in a traffic jam for 24 hours That’s why when you go from Jammu to Srinagar, you have to find out in advance when the road will be closed and when it will be open.
How to reach Srinagar from Jammu City:
If you want to visit by land Kashmir, first of you have to come to Jammu city, And then you can reach Srinagar by various ways from Jammu city Such as train-bus and flight.
also read: From Delhi to Srinagar trip blog
Jammu to Srinagar by bus or train:
the cheapest way to reach Srinagar from Jammu is by bus or train You can easily reach Udhampur by bus from Jammu Station Railway Or from here you get the train for Udhampur railway station
If you go by train, the fare will be only 150 rupees and if you go by bus, the fare will be only 60 rupees Buses are always available but trains are available at certain times.
Then you have to go to Banihal Many people say that there is a direct bus from Udhampur to Banihal but there is no direct bus from Udhampur to Banihal you have to go to Ramban first after that you get bus from Banihal railway station.
Then from Banihal railway station you will get lots of trains to go to Srinagar I know it is is lots of time consuming but believe me this is the cheapest way to reach Srinagar from Jammu you will just spent 300 to 400 rupees to reach Srinagar.
also read: best places to visit in srinagar.
Jammu to Srinagar by flight:
If you do not have much time and you want to reach Srinagar very early then you have another option is flight Jammu airport is located just 4.5 kilometers away from Jammu Tawi railway station.
From railway station you can hire a cab or bus to reach Jammu airport you reach in just fifteen to twenty minutes and then And take a flight to Srinagar from there Flight fare will be at least 2000 to 2500 rupees.
Where is srinagar located:
Was Srinagar is the summer capital of Jammu Kashmir state but now Jammu and Kashmir is the United territory of India and Srinagar is a biggest tourist destination in Jammu Kashmir every year so many people reach Srinagar from Jammu and other state of India,
basically Srinagar is located the northern part of Kashmir, it is a very beautiful city and countless tourist places are located here and if you want to visit whole Kashmir when Srinagar is your main centre where you can stay.
Within just 200 kms from Srinagar you will find all the tourist destination of Kashmir such as Gulmarg Pahalgam Sonamarg etc. you can easily reach those tourist attraction from Srinagar by bus or cabs,
in Srinagar you’ll see some local public transportation vehicles like Tavera Ertiga and Innova,Depending on the comfort of these vehicles, their fare may be more or less.
Tourists places in Srinagar:
There are many tourist attractions in Srinagar Even a huge part of Srinagar’s economy is tourism Most of the people here depend on tourism And a large part of their income comes from Tourists, some amazing places to visit in Srinagar is
1. Dal Lake: it’s a very beautiful lake and most of the tourist come here and stay in houseboats.
2. Tulips Garden: Indira Gandhi memorial tulip garden it is Asia’s biggest tulip garden and is saturated on bank of The Dal Lake.
3. Gulmarg: You all must have heard about Gulmarg, it is discovered by the the British in 1987, here you can enjoy the gandola ride (ropeway).
4. hazratbal Shrine: Those who follow the Muslim religion It is a very sacred place for them Here is a hair on the beard of Prophet Muhammad That is why it is a very holy mosque, this mosque you was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
5. Pari Mahal: Many peoples say it was once a Buddhist monastery, Then Shah Jahan’s son Darashiko established Parimal here in 1650. it is very beautiful tourist attraction in Srinagar.
If you want to know about the travel destinations in Srinagar, please read my another blog about Srinagar Best places to visit in kashmir 2021 here.
where is Jammu City located:
Just as Srinagar was the summer capital of Jammu Kashmir, similarly Jammu was the winter capital. if you want to visit from Jammu to Srinagar is better to spend some days in Jammu and explore the city.
Jammu is located the southern part of Jammu Kashmir it is very developed City many companies established their headquarter here.
In Jammu you have seen so many tourist attraction and you can also enjoy the famous and mouth watering cuisine of Jammu within hundred kilometre of Jammu Tawi Railway station you will see some historical and beautiful Hindu temples like Vaishno Devi dham and Shiv koti.
Some Tourist places to visit in Jammu:
in Jammu City lots of tourist attraction to visit including Hindu temples and mountains or lakes here are some.
1. Vaishno Devi: If you are a Hindu then you must know how much respect Vaishno devi Goddess has in Hinduism, Vaishno Devi Yatra is the dream of every Hindu,
Sri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra is located just 46 km from Jammu city you can take a bus from here and reach Katra within 3 hours bus fare is about hundred rupees.
2. Shiv Khori : Located inside the cave, it is the temple of God Shiva. Every year millions of devotees come here to worship, You have to cross a 200 meter long cave to enter the temple and there is also a ropeway facility.
3. Mubarak Mandi palace: This palace was once the royal palace of the king of Jammu Here you can see the combination of European and Rajasthani architecture.
4. Manda Zoo: if you come Jammu with kids so this is the best place There are different types of animals and birds with many species.
5. Mansar lake: it is very beautiful Lake surrounded by the mountains, situated in in 60 km away from Jammu City.
There is a very famous Shiva temple here and lot of crowd here during festive season.
if you want to know more tourist places about Jammu City please read my another blog tourist places to visit in jammu
Frequently asked questions:
1. is there bus from Jammu to Srinagar?
There are no direct buses from Jammu to Srinagar but there are cab facilities You can rent a small car and go directly from Jammu to Srinagar fare is about 1200 rupees.
3. how is the road from Jammu to Srinagar?
It would not be right to say that the condition of the road is very good,But yes the work is going on the road condition is better than before.
2. how can I go from Jammu to Srinagar?
First you go to Banihal railway station by cab or bus and then you get a train from Srinagar.
is there a train from Jammu to Srinagar?
no, At present there is no direct train from Jammu to Srinagar, From Jammu you will first have to go to Banihal by bus and then you will get a direct train from Banihal to Srinagar.